Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spotlight - Carl Calleman

The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness, by Dr. Carl Calleman
(click image to see author's books for sale)

Bio
I was born in Stockholm, Sweden at noon May 15, 1950, which in the Sacred Calendar corresponds to the day 5 Jaguar. Curiously this is also the exact midpoint of the month dedicated to the Roman goddess Maia. Stockholm is fairly remote from the jungles of Guatemala, but these were some signs that maybe I had something to do there (although of course I was only appreciate the importance of these signs at a much later point).

I first became interested in the Maya and their calendar during a trip to Mexico and Guatemala in 1979. I fell in love with this people, and also had a feeling that this was my spiritual home on earth. Somehow it seemed that the purpose of my life was linked to this people and their calendar, that I had become fascinated by...

In 2004 Bear and Co published a new book, The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness just in the nick of time for the Oneness Celebration, June 6-8, 2004 which was the first celebration in a very long time that based on the traditional Mayan calendar brought together a world wide participation of spiritual people seeking a deeper guidance into the time ahead.


Book Excerpts (The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness)
*  Stress

Videos

Website


No comments: